Sunday, May 22, 2005

From the I-hate-to-break-it-to-you dept.

Hooked on Golf posts the results of its Player of the Year poll. I hate to break it to you, but Vijay Singh (who garnered the majority of the votes) is not player of the year...thus far. Having three wins and being no. 1 on the money list is impressive, however, Tiger's two tour victories plus his Master's win is far superior.

I am a huge Vijay guy, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that Tiger is somehow irrelevent because he can't maintain the no. 1 position in the World Golf Rankings. Or because he plays what seems to be half the number of events Vijay does. Moreover, it is unfair to measure Tiger by a 2001-era rubrick, which I think many people do.

1 Comments:

Blogger mediaguru @ HookedOnGolfBlog.com said...

I was surprised at that vote myself. POY is still up for grabs for sure. My voters have been, shall we say "inaccurate" before. Like when they predicted Pam to win over Danielle in the Big Break III.

I love your blog. Keep it up!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home